Recorded and mixed from multitrack recordings from the first half of 2011, ISLDEWI showcases the band at their very finest. From explosive disco jazz funk tracks like Indian Grits and Off the Cuff to wompy progstep rockers such as French Bowling and the now legendary Ocean Mist Freight Train the quartet’s compositional and improvisational splendor has been captured and put on display like majestic animals in a musical zoo. The crown jewel of the collection might be “Dazed and Confused” – an arrangement showcasing the group’s simultaneous mastery at both analog synth bass drops and guitar scorched classic rock wailing. The band worked with zoo keeper Luke Stratton, the group’s touring sound engineer and lighting designer, to scour almost a terabyte of archived shows for your listening and dancing pleasure. Each track was carefully select, mixed, and mastered to showcase the full Dopapod gamut: new and old, premeditated and spontaneous, light and dark.
1. Freight Train [15:48] – 2/4/2011 Ocean Mist, South Kingston, RI
2. Indian Grits [8:00] – 5/5/2011 Mill Street Brews, Southbridge, MA
3. French Bowling [6:31] – 4/14/2011 Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, NY
4. Eight Years Ended [9:24] – 4/29/2011 Some Kind of Jam, Schuylkill Haven, PA
(C. Jones / E. Winderman)
5. Bahbi [12:18] – 5/15/2011 Middle East Downstairs, Cambridge, MA
(R. Compa / N. Evans / C. Jones / E. Winderman)
6. Off The Cuff [9:41] – 2/19/2011 Spotlight Tavern, Beverly, MA
(R. Compa / E. Winderman)
7. Dazed and Confused [7:54] – 4/23/2011 Nectar’s, Burlington, VT
Eli Winderman – Organ, Synth
Rob Compa – Guitar
Charles William Power Jones – Bass
Neal “Fro” Evans – Drums
Recorded, Mixed, and Produced by Luke Stratton
Art by Danielle Diessner
Photo by Ethan Walfish
Management: Jason Gibbs / Audio Park Productions
THANK YOU to all of our loving and supporting families, friends, and fans. We couldn’t do this with out you.
All songs arranged by dōpapod. All songs ℗© 2011 Dopapod [SESAC] except * WB Music Group [ASCAP]. All Rights Reserved.